Think of IrriPan Weed Mats as a “launching pad” for your newly planted and small trees!
- Kill weeds that steal moisture, nutrients and light from your trees
- Reflect light back up to your tree
- Capture rainwater and funnels it to your tree
- Prevent soil moisture from evaporating and makes it available to your tree’s roots
IrriPan Weed Mats protect trees from excess stress during times of drought conditions.
Trees are capable of absolutely amazing growth IF you eliminate the environmental stresses that keep them from reaching their growth potential. Here’s what I mean:
Yes, that caption is correct. This is a Chinese chestnut tree that was planted in July of 2012 as a 12 inch seedling, with a 4ft tall Tree Tube and an IrriPan Weed Mat. This photograph was taken just 13 months later, in August of 2013… which means the tree has grown more than 8 feet in one year!
This tree comes from superior planting stock and grows in Mississippi with its long, hot growing season… but it shows you the kind of growth you can achieve when planting a small seedling.
WHY PLANT AN EXPENSIVE “B&B” OR CONTAINER GROWN TREE WHEN YOU CAN ACHIEVE GROWTH LIKE THIS FROM A SMALL SEEDLING, A TREE TUBE, AND AN IRRIPAN WEED MAT?
Use IrriPan Weed Mats with…
- Newly planted seedling trees (and for even better results use in combination with Tree Tubes!)
- Newly planted 1 gallon or 3 gallon potted trees
- Previously planted or natural “volunteer” seedlings that are getting crowded out by competing vegetation
- Landscape trees up to 2 inches in caliper at the base
IrriPan Weed Mats are ideal for…
- Wildlife habitat plantings
- Landscape plantings
- Fruit & nut orchards
- Planting high value hardwood trees
- Ecological restoration and mitigation bank plantings